One-Click Wordpress and Favicon.ico

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

peapicking
500 Command not understood
First name: Tata
Last name: Tata

One-Click Wordpress and Favicon.ico

#1 Post by peapicking » 2013-11-14 21:31

Hi all,

I’ve installed Filezilla in the hopes of changing a favicon.

I used the one-click option to install WordPress at Dreamhost. I have read on the forums that because of this installation, I will not find /public_HTML on FileZilla.

I read that I needed to look for a home folder. I found Home, but get the following message when I open it:
Error: Directory /home: permission denied
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

It has opened to reveal other folders though, some of which will download data, but with others, the permission is denied as shown above.

I can’t find any other post explaining what to do next. I do not know where to add the favicon.ico to change the favicon. I asked DreamHost support but they just linked me to the FTP wiki and then copy and pasted me the following:

As per our TOS:
The Customer agrees that he or she has the necessary knowledge to create Customer’s Webspace. Customer agrees that it is not the responsibility of DreamHost Web Hosting to provide this knowledge or Customer Support outside of the defined service of DreamHost Web Hosting."

I certainly lied regarding the first sentence in that agreement, and DreamHost backhanded me for it.

I really need this explained to me like I were five. If someone could please walk me through it in simple terms, I would be ever so very grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

boco
Contributor

Re: One-Click Wordpress and Favicon.ico

#2 Post by boco » 2013-11-17 18:37

The permission problem must be resolved by them, I'm afraid. Usually you are not allowed to elevate the permissions yourself (although you can try by right-clicking in FileZilla and setting File permissions...). That's a problem we can't help with.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

robberth

Re: One-Click Wordpress and Favicon.ico

#3 Post by robberth » 2013-11-21 10:50

peapicking wrote:Hi all,

I’ve installed Filezilla in the hopes of changing a favicon.

I used the one-click option to install WordPress at Dreamhost. I have read on the forums that because of this installation, I will not find /public_HTML on FileZilla.

I read that I needed to look for a home folder. I found Home, but get the following message when I open it:
Error: Directory /home: permission denied
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

It has opened to reveal other folders though, some of which will download data, but with others, the permission is denied as shown above.

I can’t find any other post explaining what to do next. I do not know where to add the favicon.ico to change the favicon. I asked DreamHost support but they just linked me to the FTP wiki and then copy and pasted me the following:

As per our TOS:
The Customer agrees that he or she has the necessary knowledge to create Customer’s Webspace. Customer agrees that it is not the responsibility of DreamHost Web Hosting to provide this knowledge or Customer Support outside of the defined service of DreamHost Web Hosting."

I certainly lied regarding the first sentence in that agreement, and DreamHost backhanded me for it.

I really need this explained to me like I were five. If someone could please walk me through it in simple terms, I would be ever so very grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Why not creat your own zip package that you can install on the server? The 1-click scripts on these webhosts sucks anyway.