How do I add links to social networks?

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

audiopro
226 Transfer OK
First name: Keith

Re: How do I add links to social networks?

#16 Post by audiopro » 2014-08-04 08:05

Bit of a sore point really but the designer was brought in to create the website graphics. Three weeks down the line and I am still waiting for something useable.
First he was horrified that I didn't use Wordpress or Joomla and thought I was joking when I mentioned FTP as a viable means of transferring files.

Do I use Frontpage or Dreamweaver, he then asked and when I replied no' he went very quiet. That is when he came out with the statement that websites cannot be created without one of these programs. He thought I was joking when I told him that I write the code manually and said that must take ages.
He has sent a 2 x 1 ratio image for the top banner and cannot seem to grasp the concept of the shape of a standard webpage. I am not too bothered as the client changes his mid like the wind and the only feedback I get from them is 'we don't like the colour'. So far they have wanted the theme to be blue, purple, red and a few shades in between.

In this instance the designer is acting as a useful buffer between us and the client.
Morecambe - Where the sun goes at night

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: How do I add links to social networks?

#17 Post by botg » 2014-08-04 20:05

First he was horrified that I didn't use Wordpress or Joomla and thought I was joking when I mentioned FTP as a viable means of transferring files.
I'll go to the hardware store tomorrow. To buy the axe I have to grind.

On a related note, do you have a HR department? How many axes do I need for them for hiring such people? ;)
In this instance the designer is acting as a useful buffer between us and the client.
*tilt*

I suddenly feel terribly old. Back in my days, everything was indeed better...