Trouble with Bluehost and html files

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

everyon5
500 Command not understood
First name: Gary
Last name: Finelli

Trouble with Bluehost and html files

#1 Post by everyon5 » 2021-01-11 13:42

I haven't updated my website in years . I used many flash animations on my website which are no longer supported in Google. Using my Dreamweaver CS5 I updated one page with with a number of jpeg (72 dpi) and used clickable hotspots on these images. Years ago (when I last updated my website) the format I used in Bluehost was different for updating web pages. Calling Bluehost web support they had no idea how to update my html files with jpeg backup images. I also used FileZilla years ago to post to Bluehost but there format/procedures are very different now. Can anyone help me as to how to update my website either directly in Bluehost or through FileZilla?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Trouble with Bluehost and html files

#2 Post by botg » 2021-01-11 16:07

Please see our Tutorial for a quick guide how to use FileZilla.

Note that we can only help you with transferring files using FileZilla, we cannot help you creating the files or deciding which files to transfer and where to transfer them to.

everyon5

#3 Post by everyon5 » 2021-01-11 17:46

One of the problems that I am having is that I can't pull up the initial page in FileZilla that is noted in your tutorial I keep getting this message "Protocol error: Unknown protocol identifier (0x50 0x50 0x48). Most likely connected to the wrong port.
Connection to server closed."

The initial window that I pull up on the FileZilla that I install says "Enter Server to Administrate - FileZilla Server" . there is a fill in for host, port, and password and then a tab to connect (That is all there is on this first window). I used the initial host, port, and password when I signed up but get the above message. Years ago I used a different set to sign in but those also do not work. What can I do to get from this first window onto the FileZilla page shown in the tutorial?

boco
Contributor

#4 Post by boco » 2021-01-11 18:05

You have downloaded and installed the wrong software. FileZilla Server is NOT what you want (and need). Uninstall it, then

Download FileZilla Client from the download page and install it. That's the program you have to use.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###

everyon5

#5 Post by everyon5 » 2021-01-11 20:58

Thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated .