Favicon in Edge/Chrome

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

richardnjones
500 Command not understood
First name: Richard
Last name: Jones

Favicon in Edge/Chrome

#1 Post by richardnjones » 2023-02-07 08:00

Hi,

I can get the favicon loaded through my HTML and shows up on my normal Browser (Maxthon) but it will not show up on Edge or Chrome? I have tried many favicon generators - to no avail. Has anybody mangaed to set up their own favicon that works on Edge/Chrome? I still use Frontpage as HTML editor so maybe that has something to do with it.

Thanks,

Richard

DenisOkalani
500 Command not understood
First name: Denis
Last name: Okalani

Re: Favicon in Edge/Chrome

#2 Post by DenisOkalani » 2023-04-12 11:39

So, it looks like you're having trouble getting your website's favicon to show up on some browsers like Edge and Chrome. There are a few things that could be causing this issue.

Firstly, your browser might be showing you an old version of the page without the updated favicon. You can try clearing your browser's cache and reloading the page to see if that helps.

Make sure that your favicon file is in the correct format, which is usually .ico, but other formats like .png or .gif can work too. Also, double-check that your favicon file is named "favicon.ico" and is located in the root directory of your website.

When linking to your favicon file in your HTML code, make sure that you've got the right code. It should look something like this: <link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/favicon.ico">

Lastly, some browsers might not support certain favicon formats or sizes. Try using a different favicon generator or resizing your favicon to see if that helps.

By the way, Frontpage is a bit outdated, so it might not be fully compatible with modern web standards. You might want to consider using a more recent HTML editor like Visual Studio Code or Sublime Text.