"Error: Can't start SFTP process."

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ASourceOfJoy
500 Command not understood

"Error: Can't start SFTP process."

#1 Post by ASourceOfJoy » 2004-09-25 22:30

For several months, FileZilla (version 2.2.1a) has been working perfectly for me -- but this last couple weeks I've been receiving the following message when trying to log on to my server:
Error: Can't start SFTP process. Please ensure that the file 'FzSFtp.exe' is in the same folder as 'FileZilla.exe'
Error: Unable to connect!
The files ARE in the same folder and nothing has changed on my end, so I don't know why I keep getting this message.

I tried completely uninstalling, then reinstalling the program several times, but that didn't help.

...And I know it's not a server issue because my host administrator was able to log onto my account without a problem (he was using FileZilla on his computer).

Any ideas on how this problem can be solved? I really need to be updating my sites shortly. :?

Thanks,
Abigail
Without God, everything fails.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2004-09-25 23:30

Try upgrading to version 2.2.8c

ASourceOfJoy

#3 Post by ASourceOfJoy » 2004-09-28 21:36

Well, I did as you suggested (thank you for the idea!)...but am still receiving the same error message. :(

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Abigail

derf
550 File not found

#4 Post by derf » 2004-10-08 02:11

I had this issue a while back on my gf's computer. What you can try is to uninstall and then reinstall. If it doesn't work, it may be the filezilla.xml file that is corrupt. You can try to edit it by hand or switch to registry for saving setting, delete the file, then switch back to xml.

I'm not sure if it is what I did, it has been a while, but there is a solution as it was fixed on my gf's computer.

ASourceOfJoy

#5 Post by ASourceOfJoy » 2004-10-09 22:19

Thanks for the input! I'm encouraged to hear that someone has solved this problem before. :)

Unfortunately I really don't know much about working with the registry -- wouldn't want to attempt it without some pretty detailed instructions to follow. Maybe someone will be able to help me out here...? I'd sure appreciate it, as I really need to have access to my server again. :?

Thanks,
Abigail