Cannot access my website from Filezilla

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

MikeMontgomery
500 Command not understood
First name: Michael
Last name: Montgomery

Cannot access my website from Filezilla

#1 Post by MikeMontgomery » 2023-02-03 00:27

Good evening, and thank you for your help and being available in the group.

I'm having trouble connection to my remote site to upload new info. I've used Filezilla for 8 or 10 years, am by no means competent with it, but have always gotten by in uploading to my website with very little trouble, until now - I cannot sign on. I'm suspicious that I am being directed to a source that has perhaps gotten ahold of my info (site URL, user name?) and now I cannot log on.

Please, if anyone has suggestions as to how I might be able to confirm if this is the case (or not), and how I might remedy the situation, I appreciate any help you might offer.

Thanks so much, Mike

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Cannot access my website from Filezilla

#2 Post by botg » 2023-02-03 08:35

Make sure FileZilla is not being blocked by a firewall. Please double-check your login credentials, watch out for character case and leading/trailing whitespace. Contact your server administrator or server hosting provider for further assistance if the issue persists.

MikeMontgomery

#3 Post by MikeMontgomery » 2023-02-03 14:20

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure how to check about the firewall, but I will double check all the other info, and I am trying to reach the service hosting provider - they don't seem to be easy to reach :-( I appreciate your help

MikeMontgomery

#4 Post by MikeMontgomery » 2023-02-03 16:45

I did finally contact the service administrator and was able to resolve the issue. I spent so many hours, and suffered much frustration, trying to figure it out on my own, and it was quite nice to be able to reach out to someone willing to help - thank you to this group :-)