files wont completely transfer

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

bornfromaduck
500 Command not understood

files wont completely transfer

#1 Post by bornfromaduck » 2023-06-02 21:03

Hello,

I am new to FileZilla and have been using it for a class and have had no problems uploading files but now when I try to upload my final to my website not all the data is transferring. For example, my style sheet is 13,184 bytes but only 12,553 bytes are transferred on the site.

Any help is much appreciated.

boco
Contributor

Re: files wont completely transfer

#2 Post by boco » 2023-06-03 20:06

A slight discrepancy in size is usually normal (for text files only). Reason for this difference could be that you created the file using Windows line endings (CR+LF) and the server is of *NIX type and wants UNIX-like line endings (LF only). When now uploading the text file in ASCII data_type (TYPE A), the line endings are converted and the file gets smaller. If you don't want this and the server supports CR+LF line endings, upload in binary data type (Image, TYPE I).
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

bornfromaduck

#3 Post by bornfromaduck » 2023-06-04 10:29

boco wrote:
2023-06-03 20:06
A slight discrepancy in size is usually normal (for text files only). Reason for this difference could be that you created the file using Windows line endings (CR+LF) and the server is of *NIX type and wants UNIX-like line endings (LF only). When now uploading the text file in ASCII data_type (TYPE A), the line endings are converted and the file gets smaller. If you don't want this and the server supports CR+LF line endings, upload in binary data type (Image, TYPE I).
There are HTML and CSS files with text and images and it's only uploading a portion of the files, not the full files so my sight looks messed up and my font changes, for example, aren't visible, it's a default font. Also, on one of the pages, the links don't even work. When I open it locally the files work just fine.

bornfromaduck

#4 Post by bornfromaduck » 2023-06-04 10:43

Here is what I mean.
Attachments
problem.JPG
problem.JPG (72.1 KiB) Viewed 1457 times

bornfromaduck

#5 Post by bornfromaduck » 2023-06-05 04:58

actually, I figured it out it's a capacity thing. different servers measure capacity in different ways. When I look at the website on my laptop its fine and my professor said the website is fine on his end the "Last Modified" lines up with when I last updated my site so I don't think there is anything I can do on my end so that I can see the actual updated results of my website on my desktop computer.