Problem with Windows Networking and Filezilla

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

MikeHunt79
500 Command not understood

Problem with Windows Networking and Filezilla

#1 Post by MikeHunt79 » 2005-05-12 12:55

I installed filezilla today, and I am impressed. The best feature for me has to be portability meaning I can run it from my USB stick. :)

I hit my first problem today tho, it occurs when downloading files from an ftp to a windows network.

Let me describe what happens:

my website is on a windows networked computer called "server"

all the files are here:
\\Server\D\WEBSITES\mylovelywebsite\html\

and on my ftp, all my files are here:
/home/httpd/mylovelywebsite/html/html/

Now when uploading to the I had no issues, files were overwritten, etc. without any problems. BUT, and here is where I hit the problem, when I try to download from the ftp.

For some reason it seems to so thru the motions of downloading (it even brings up the overwrite confirmation box), but the file doesn't appear on the networked drive. So my temporary solution for this at the moment is to download the file to a temporary dir on my C: drive, then copy it to the network. This works ok, but would it be possible to have this working for the next build?
mind

eddan
226 Transfer OK

#2 Post by eddan » 2005-05-17 06:37

I think botg's general opinion is don't use windows networking.

Try searching the forums on it, think it has been discussed before somewhere (here or on the sf.net forums). That said, try posting some logs, it never hurts - enable all debug settings first (edit - settings - debug).

MikeHunt79
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by MikeHunt79 » 2005-05-26 08:24

Ok, I'll give it a go next time I'm doing that website. Also, I might be able to fox it by mapping a shared directory to a drive letter...
mind