Question about: mod_quotab

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

che_rish
500 Command not understood

Question about: mod_quotab

#1 Post by che_rish » 2005-06-04 06:59

Hello! I have been using FileZilla since a friend recommended this to me (version 2.2.4). Its really a cool ftp program. I'm very happy with it.

Anyways, I have FileZilla 2.2.14 and I'm having a problem logging into the server of one of my clients.

After succesfully connecting to the website and sending the USER and PASS commands, FileZilla shows the following on its Message box:

Code: Select all

Response:	Jun 04 16:27:09 mod_quotatab/1.2.11[9867]: found limit entry for user 'username'
Response:	Jun 04 16:27:09 mod_quotatab/1.2.11[9867]: found tally entry for user 'username'
Error:	Unable to connect!
I have called the webhosting company, and they find this strange too. Also, the tech guy I spoke with suggested I use LeapFTP. This I did, and strangely enough, I am able to successfully login with the server. I still see the mod_quotab command in LeapFTP's message box, but its able to go through. Let me show you here:

Code: Select all

Jun 04 16:28:46 mod_quotab/1.2.11[9877]: found limit entry for user 'username'
Jun 04 16:28:46 mod_quotab/1.2.11[9877]: found tally entry for user 'username'
230 User username logged in.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
PWD
254 "/" is current directory.
TYPE A
200 Type set to A
Another thing is, when I use FileZilla to transfer files to a different webhost for my other client, it logs in just fine. I find this thing weird and I'm curious to know why its like that. I would like to know if I have to change some settings in FileZilla and if so, how?

Thanks in advance. :)