Filezilla version 3.2.7.1 - Bug Report

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

nballack
500 Command not understood
First name: Noreen
Last name: Ballack

Filezilla version 3.2.7.1 - Bug Report

#1 Post by nballack » 2009-09-03 22:38

:( Filezilla version 3.2.7.1 - build 2009-08-23 BUG Report

Adding a new site in site Manager, advanced tab, when default remote directory entered (example: I entered - /Home:/) - Truncation occurs when I try to connect.

The following is the Message Log I get

Command: cd "/Home:"
Response: New directory is: "Home:/"
Command: pwd
Response: Current directory is: "Home:/"
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

The only way I could connect was to go back to using FileZilla version 2.2.24a...

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Filezilla version 3.2.7.1 - Bug Report

#2 Post by botg » 2009-09-03 22:47

You appear to have a very exotic and antique server. Please upgrade to a more modern server that uses the TVFS extension.

nballack

#3 Post by nballack » 2009-09-04 16:03

? I don't understand your rude answer, Because the Filezilla is truncating the target directory, you say my server is antiquated? I work for an insurance firm and we have all current servers. I think you are confused, now our FTP target servers are another issue. I use the FTP to send commercial vehicle insurance data to state governments all over the U.S. Some of those state government offices have very old servers, and I have no choice but to work with that situation.

I am currently using FileZilla version 2.2.24a and it works fine and does not truncate target directory names as I described earlier. The functionality is there in the new version of Filezilla, but it appears that it is not working as I described above.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2009-09-04 17:24

For a very long time the de-facto standard for the path syntax on FTP has been a unix-style path syntax, with paths of the form /foo/bar/baz, that is components separated by slashes, with paths having a leading slash being absolute paths, the others relative paths. This has been standardized in RFC 3659 with its TVFS specification.

The server you are connecting to however uses some sort of volume prefix or so for paths and that in fact is very exotic and also antique as nobody would create a modern server using such syntax.

Did you yet try all of the many different server types that can be selected in the site manager?
I use the FTP to send commercial vehicle insurance data to state governments all over the U.S. Some of those state government offices have very old servers, and I have no choice but to work with that situation.
Governments never give IT the required funding :(

nballack

#5 Post by nballack » 2009-09-04 18:00

No I did not try that, I will and see how that works. Thank you.

nballack

#6 Post by nballack » 2009-09-04 18:16

Thank you. The "DOS" worked for me (LOL) they must be on Windows 3.1 LOL.

Thank you again for your assistance. It will be good to use a current version of Filezilla. :P