Broken Uploads

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

bringa
500 Command not understood

Broken Uploads

#1 Post by bringa » 2004-04-15 20:55

Hi,

the problem is the following: I'm having my girlfriend (who lives 1,200 km away from me, so troubleshooting is somewhat time consuming) upload stuff to an ftp server from which I can get it. She's using Filezilla to upload stuff. (I consider it the best win client, I personally prefer ncftp, but that's just because console is so much sexier). What she does is essentially move a full directory of mp3s over to my server. And it's ALWAYS the first one that seems to break during upload. Usually around 25% of the upload, Filezilla will just stop uploading it. She can manually resume, sometimes she has to do so more than once, but then everything's alright. This used to happen with more than just the first mp3, but it hasn't happened with anything else for a while now.

Question: Could anyone here give me basic pointers what to look at? She's on a DSL connection which is actually rather stable. It's not a disconnect, obviously, because she can keep uploading the other files and she stays on IRC. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2004-04-15 21:25

That could have a couple of reasons:
- bad firewalls/routers
- server problems
- viruses, trojans or dialers (short: any malware) or the scanners against it
- internet access software from the provider (imo malware as well :D)
- really outdated drivers

There's no common solution for this type of problems. I would try to toggle "use passive mode" on the firewall in the FileZilla settings and make sure my system is up-to-date.