Remote Directory Specification

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

RMcCloud
500 Command not understood

Remote Directory Specification

#1 Post by RMcCloud » 2005-10-31 20:29

I am dealing with an entity that just upgraded their sFTP server. Before the upgrade I was able to pass a remote directory using the format

/folder/folder1/

Since their upgrade, I am no longer able to access the diretory on the server. I am logging in but get an error indicating "Could not retrieve directory listing." They are indicating that I can no longer send the leading slash, indicating that the remote directory needs to specified as follows:

folder/folder1

I am unable to get Filezilla to perform this as it appears the software forces in a leading slash. What can I do to solve this dilemma?

mjgroff

#2 Post by mjgroff » 2006-04-20 02:16

The same feature of Filezilla causes problems with my Windows SSH server because it returns paths like "C:/dir" and doesn't understand when Filezilla uses them with slashes in front "/C:/dir".

mjgroff

#3 Post by mjgroff » 2006-04-20 04:59

I looked at Filezilla 3. I see it has an option to select the remote server type. When I set it to DOS I don't get a '/' in front of the paths and SFTP works great.