Not enough storage is available to process this command

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Not enough storage is available to process this command

#16 Post by botg » 2011-10-29 07:11

There is no excuse for using 32-bit variables in the FileZilla code. Even 32 -bit code can use 64-bit variables to read and write to very large files on the HDD.
You are correct, there is no excuse. That is why FileZilla does not use 32-bit integers for file handling. All file sizes and offsets are 64bit wide.

Rygel
503 Bad sequence of commands

#17 Post by Rygel » 2012-10-18 14:06

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've been using Filezilla for at least 4 years now and never encountered this problem until release 3.5.3 just recently.

Same error as other users have mentioned:

"Can't create thread (error 8: not enough storage is avilable to process this command.)"

Same symptoms as well - the FileZilla process in Task Manager keeps steadily increasing memory usage, but difference is I'm not transferring millions of files. I'm attempting to download about 60,000 files. Well, one other difference - the error occurs even when FileZilla has only reached maybe 150mb of RAM usage and at about every 10,000 files.

This is occurring on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit system, Core i5 3.2Ghz, with 8GB RAM. I keep the system very plain-vanilla for work purposes (no toys, no games, no excessive startup junk, no file sharing apps etc... just basic work applications).

I'm trying to think of anything at all that could have possibly changed, and the only thing I changed in recent months was my anti-virus software - I switched from AVG to Bitdefender. Other than that the only thing changed is update to FileZilla 3.5.3

I discovered that there is another user recently reporting this at http://trac.filezilla-project.org/ticket/8250 (that's not me).

Everything else on the system is running very stable, and I've had FileZilla installed on this particular system for about 2 years and always keep it updated as I use it every day.

I'm checking process monitor and looking for any other sign of trouble but it's only FZ 3.5.3 that is having any trouble. I'd like to contribute to this thread or solution if I can so let me know if there is any other info you'd like me to provide that might help.

Thanks!

botg
Site Admin

#18 Post by botg » 2012-10-18 19:44

Most likely you're using some third-party component that has a memory leak. Drivers, firewalls, virus scanners and the likes, all can cause this. Does it happen on a fresh Windows installation with nothing installed besides FileZilla and what Microsoft provides?

Rygel

#19 Post by Rygel » 2012-10-19 02:51

botg wrote:Does it happen on a fresh Windows installation with nothing installed besides FileZilla and what Microsoft provides?
I can't answer that because I thought a more practical approach than spending 2 days wiping my drive and re-installing Windows and all my apps and files would be to just try the same transfer with some different FTP programs first, and what I can tell you so far is that it doesn't happen with CuteFTP, WS_FTP, or SecureFX. My preference of course is FileZilla but I figured I'd start trying to rule-out memory leaks by testing a few other common FTP apps. I've been uploading with SecureFX for about 7 hours straight right now (same transfer project/files) without a glitch, and the memory use for the process has been stable at about 24MB the entire time. Maybe my troubleshooting method is primitive, but based on what you're suggesting and my tests so far - if it is a memory leak, then it's a memory leak that happens exclusively with FileZilla.

botg
Site Admin

#20 Post by botg » 2012-10-19 05:57

At least try starting Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.

Rygel

#21 Post by Rygel » 2012-10-19 13:39

I will definitely try that as soon as I can. FileZilla is my favorite FTP software and I dread the thought of having to switch to anything else for my daily use.

I'm currently in the middle of a big job for a client so I'm unable to stop and test right now, but later tonight I'll be able to try Safe Mode with Networking and see what happens. I'm also going to try uninstalling and re-installing FileZilla, just on the slight chance that there was a file glitch when I installed the latest update.

I will report back whatever I find.

DarioJames
500 Command not understood
First name: Jeff
Last name: James

#22 Post by DarioJames » 2012-10-19 19:28

Also having this same issue. Invoving Millions of files. Windows Server 2008.

Have switched to my paid for CuteFTP Pro.

I guess you get what you pay for!! ;-)

sadarahu
500 Syntax error
First name: Arthur
Last name: Klisiewicz

#23 Post by sadarahu » 2014-07-07 23:42

I have about 80.000 files to transfer. Get the same Error :-(
Please fix it

Arthur

botg
Site Admin