Custom Invalid Characters

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ksbecker
500 Command not understood
First name: Kevin
Last name: Becker

Custom Invalid Characters

#1 Post by ksbecker » 2010-08-03 12:36

Certain FTP servers don't allow spaces in the file names. Sometimes we have a bunch of files with spaces in them. So can I change the list of invalid characters to include spaces?

rtenny
504 Command not implemented

Re: Custom Invalid Characters

#2 Post by rtenny » 2010-08-03 13:35

Yes I have exactly the same problem. Only the CMS we use does not allow space in files name. How can the file be change automatically during then upload?
On the box it said "Needs Win98 or better" - so I installed Linux.

boco
Contributor

#3 Post by boco » 2010-08-04 19:24

Not possible AFAIK.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2010-08-04 19:54

Certain FTP servers don't allow spaces in the file names.
Truly antique servers. Recommended course of action is to upgrade to a modern server.

ksbecker
500 Command not understood
First name: Kevin
Last name: Becker

#5 Post by ksbecker » 2010-08-04 21:13

botg wrote:Truly antique servers. Recommended course of action is to upgrade to a modern server.
Not to be offensive, but I'm truly appalled by this response. Did you even think that upgrading the server was not an option? It's not my FTP server.

If you're not going to post something helpful, please don't post anything at all.

horndog
550 Permission denied
First name: Stuart
Last name: Kay

#6 Post by horndog » 2010-08-04 23:03

ksbecker wrote:
botg wrote:Truly antique servers. Recommended course of action is to upgrade to a modern server.
Not to be offensive, but I'm truly appalled by this response. Did you even think that upgrading the server was not an option? It's not my FTP server.

If you're not going to post something helpful, please don't post anything at all.
Guidelines: Please read before posting!

Be patient and have good manners
Remember that support provided on this forum is made by volunteers; no one is paid to answer you. So, please, do not demand an answer, ask for one. Using good manners and words like "please" and "thank you" go further than you might think. Also, please don't bump your posts. If you do, volunteers looking for questions to answer might overlook your topic as it already has a reply to it (the unanswered posts search then won't list your post).