Filezilla corrupting files on transfer.

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

coRpSE
500 Syntax error
First name: Derek

Filezilla corrupting files on transfer.

#1 Post by coRpSE » 2011-04-04 16:29

Hello. I been using filezilla for a long time now and have been very satisfied with it. About a month ago I built my self a new PC and now am running Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. Today, I went to upload a new module to my website using your program here and when uploading, half my files got corrupt and did not upload. After contacting my host, (FastDomain), and working with them on the phone trying to solve this. we narrowed it to something with Filezilla causing this problem. I was woundering if this program is compatible with Windows 7 pro, 64 bit.

We tried editing the transfer type between Binary and Auto, I disabled my firewall with no luck. The log at the top shows the file transfer always successful. But on the server you will see the full file size for a split second before it goes to 0 in size.

Do I need to run this in a certain compatibility mod or is it because its 64 bit and all i see here for download is 32 bit for windows.

I am running FileZilla 3.4.0 Windows 32 bit.

Give you some background info. Firewall is CA, same with the antivirus. The Router and ISP and everything is the same when i had my old PC with no issues. The only thing new is a new gaming PC I built which is running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. My old system was Windows XP, both were gaming rigs and other then this I have had no issues. The only strange thing is that it only does it with certain files, not all files. And its not targeted to only certain file types, it seems to hit all file types, but not all files. sometimes if a file uploaded last time, this time it wont.

The tech as my host told me to re-download and try again and I did that and did not fix so I am posting here now to see if there is any suggestions you guys may have. I think I have gone over everything I have tried and is open to any suggestions.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Filezilla corrupting files on transfer.

#2 Post by botg » 2011-04-04 19:20

Broken firewall, broken drivers or broken hardware. One of that is definitely the cause of your problems. Considering it's a new PC, it's most likely one of the latter two.

coRpSE
500 Syntax error
First name: Derek

#3 Post by coRpSE » 2011-04-05 03:14

considering that all my drivers seem to be fines and up to date, and all my hardware is working just fine. I really don't see it as a broken hardware issue for if it was I would probably be showing signs of it else ware and since everything seems to be fine with everything else I guess I will look into drivers.

So being that filezilla only says 32bit, me running 64bit will not cause problems?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2011-04-05 06:00

Correct. Even though the Windows builds of FileZilla are only available as 32bit, they are fully compatible with 64bit Windows.