works on dial up but not broadband

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Maz

works on dial up but not broadband

#1 Post by Maz » 2006-03-29 08:01

Why is it that when i try to connect to my webspace on a dial up connection it connects, uploads and downloads with no problems at all but when i take my laptop home and connect to my broadband it never connects, come up with error that the server did not respond or something like that.

no settings have been changed

eddan
226 Transfer OK

#2 Post by eddan » 2006-03-29 13:07

Post a log from the program. My guess, though, is that you need to enable passive mode in the settings. Read the FAQ and the guidelines in the Client support forum.

Maz

#3 Post by Maz » 2006-03-30 11:42

Thanks for responding eddan but why would this make a difference on dial up, don't both connections connect the same way :?:
I have tried this and the third option also. Will get a screen shot of the problem tonight.

Just for info, I have also tried terrapin and ws ftp pro all the same problem but on dial up no problems at all :shock:

Maz

#4 Post by Maz » 2006-03-31 07:22

your gonna laugh.

Last night I got a screen shot of the problem.Saved it in paintshop pro and thenI thought how do I get the picture onto the web :!: :shock:

I am at work and plugged into the phone line :?

Here it is

Maz

#5 Post by Maz » 2006-04-06 20:42

update

have tried the wired broadband and that don't work either.

firewall is turned off.

does anyone have the answer :?:

Maz

#6 Post by Maz » 2006-04-13 08:29

I think I know why it does not work on broadband. If anyone is interested it is prbably because my broadband is with Wanadoo and the ftp site is with my previous isp NTL. When i dial in on my NTL account it works fine.

There must be a way of fooling the server into thinking I am dialing in on NTL, can't be plugging into a phone line each time I want to upload :shock:

Any ideas :?: