Can't rename or delete ... Everything 777

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

WinRiddance
500 Command not understood
First name: S.
Last name: O.

Can't rename or delete ... Everything 777

#1 Post by WinRiddance » 2011-08-06 13:17

Hi everyone.
I've been using Filezilla for the past 5 years or so, it's an incredibly awesome product. Thank you so much for all of the efforts that were put into this project. Lately however, I seem to be having a problem with Filezilla on my Linux Mint 11.04 setup.
Having changed to a new vServer in the past 7 days, perhaps the problem is with that?

Anyway, I can create FTP accounts without a problem. I have a master account for a domain, in order to easily switch between subdomains on that primary domain. I can create folders, I can upload files, and I can switch between the accounts. But for some weird reason I can't rename nor delete folders with file content ... even though I'm the owner and even though I've set permissions to the folder & files to 777.

If I try to delete one selected file at a time, I receive the "really delete" query, but after clicking on OKAY nothing happens.
If I try to delete a folder, I'll receive the query about deleting the folder with contents to which I reply OKAY, same thing there.
I was able to delete a large zip file that I uploaded by accident, but deleting it also caused Filezilla to completely freeze up.
My Linux/Filezilla version is 3.3.5.1

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

WinRiddance
500 Command not understood
First name: S.
Last name: O.

[SOLVED] Re: Can't rename or delete ... Everything 777

#2 Post by WinRiddance » 2011-08-06 13:35

:shock: :? :roll: WHAT THE HECK :roll: :? :shock:

I opened up the filezilla preferences and changed ... NOTHING ... since all of the defaults are already what I would use. I did look at every one of them and I did close each expanded preference folder when I was done looking at the options. Then I closed the preferences, followed by closing filezilla. And now everything works as it should. Wow, talk about weird, strange, puzzling, and confusing. Not complaining though, it's working and that's all that I can hope for.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Can't rename or delete ... Everything 777

#3 Post by botg » 2011-08-06 20:17

Weird, first time I hear about that symptom.

boco
Contributor

Re: Can't rename or delete ... Everything 777

#4 Post by boco » 2011-08-07 05:49

Just like Windows, Linux has its fair share of weirdnesses, too. With the huge difference that you can do something about it, once you happen to identify the problem.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org