CStringA and Visual Studio 6.0, FileZilla 2.2.18

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

zimmecj
500 Command not understood

CStringA and Visual Studio 6.0, FileZilla 2.2.18

#1 Post by zimmecj » 2006-05-03 19:06

Hello,

Is there an "easy" way to modify the instances of CStringA in FtpControlSocket so that the code can be compiled under Visual Studio 6.0. (m_RecvBuffer, m_MultiLine... are CStringA).

The answer to a previous post recommended upgrading to Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 or later, but I would prefer to stick with 6.0 for now and look for a workaround if possible. I will be upgrading in the future, but the current project is rather intrenched in Visual Studio 6.0. I am hoping to add FileZilla as an onboard FTP client.

I have found that FileZilla will compile/link and run by modifying CStringA to CString. But when more than two files are added to the queuectrl for download, transfer hangs after downloading two files. Of course there may be other, bigger problems with this blatant hack.

I can send further information (run logs, compiler settings, etc.) if necessary.

Thanks

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2006-05-03 21:45

The CString(A) problem doesn't have anything to do with the freezes.
VC++ 6 has a faulty compiler and/or uses a bugged STL library. At some point during development I had to switch away from VC++6 (despite it's superior user interface compared to Visual Studio .NET) as FileZilla became very unstable with it.

zimmecj
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by zimmecj » 2006-05-04 13:26

Thanks botg.

I do link with STLPort, but I will take your word that my FileZilla problem won't be solved without upgrading to a better compiler.