problem with installation of Fizilla

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

inside42
500 Command not understood

problem with installation of Fizilla

#1 Post by inside42 » 2006-06-09 08:57

i have donlowd Fizilla.zip but when i click on fizilla.exe, i have this message of error : run time error
Who can help me ??

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2006-06-09 10:27

More details about your system would be useful.

An unelaborated guess would be that you're using Windows 98. However, FileZilla no longer supports Windows 98. Please update to Windows 2000 or better.

TheAngryPenguin
226 Transfer OK

#3 Post by TheAngryPenguin » 2006-06-10 01:50

Just one more reason to GTF off of the 98 kernel....

From the FAQ of Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-015:

If Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition (SE), and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (ME) are listed as an affected product, why is Microsoft not issuing security updates for them?
During the development of Windows 2000, significant enhancements were made to the underlying architecture of Windows Explorer. The Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition (SE), and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (ME) Windows Explorer architecture is much less robust than the more recent Windows architectures. Due to these fundamental differences, after extensive investigation, Microsoft has found that it is not feasible to make the extensive changes necessary to Windows Explorer on Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition (SE), and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (ME) to eliminate the vulnerability. To do so would require reengineer a significant amount of a critical core component of the operating system. After such a reengineering effort, there would be no assurance that applications designed to run on these platforms would continue to operate on the updated system.

Also, keep in mind that the above mentioned products will officially reach the end of their respective lifecycles on July 11 -- "Microsoft is ending support for these products because they are outdated and these older operating systems can expose customers to security risks. We recommend that customers who are still running Windows 98 or Windows Me upgrade to a newer, more secure Microsoft operating system, such as Windows XP, as soon as possible."

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2006-06-10 07:39

TheAngryPenguin wrote:Also, keep in mind that the above mentioned products will officially reach the end of their respective lifecycles on July 11
That support was only for huge, paying customors. End user support already ended 2002-06-30.