Filezilla all of a sudden does not accept my password

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Brianzilla
500 Command not understood

Filezilla all of a sudden does not accept my password

#1 Post by Brianzilla » 2006-07-23 04:30

Hello, I've been reading the FAQs and old posts, but can't find a solution to my problem.
I've been using Filezilla for almost a year now. Changed passwords probably 2 or 3 times without any trouble, last time was probably a month or two ago.
I signed in and used Filezilla earlier today without any problems. During and after this I have altered nothing in the setting on Filezilla or in my server account.
Now, all of a sudden, Filezilla will not accept my password. I keep getting the same message:

Command: PASS *******
Response: 530 Authentication failed, sorry
Error: Unable to connect!

It's pretty annoying because I can't do anything about it, because I can't log in.
The password still works to sign me into my server account, so the password isn't wrong.
Also, I am 100% positive I have not typed it incorrectly. I've tried it about 50 times or so... CAPS LOCK is not turned on, etc....

Anybody know what's going on?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2006-07-23 09:01

Does your password contain any non-english characters?

Brianzilla

#3 Post by Brianzilla » 2006-07-23 12:50

botg wrote:Does your password contain any non-english characters?
No, just letters and numbers. It's like somehow my password was changed. Can the Filezilla password be changed independently of my server password? Because the password still works fine signing into VDeck.
Not sure what to do.

Brianzilla

#4 Post by Brianzilla » 2006-07-23 17:27

Update: The password/log-in starting working again today just as mysteriously as it had stopped. I have no idea why, justing chalking it up as "one of those things" and hoping it doesn't happen again.

I was about to change the password for my server account to see if that would do it when I thought, "well, let's check Filezilla just one last time". And presto: it logged me on!
All in all, the problem lasted less than 24 hours. not too shabby.