FileZilla Forums

Welcome to the official discussion forums for FileZilla
Donate to project
It is currently 2015-03-04 02:49

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 2012-08-14 21:06 
500 Command not understood

First of all, I'd like to apologize ahead of time if this has already been asked or if this is posted in the wrong forum. I'm not sure if this is a Server or Client Question, but here goes:

I usually use FileZilla to transfer my files while I add apps/mods/hooks and whatnot to our forum. But just recently I've been trying to use it while designing a custom skin (I'm using IP.Board Software) and I was asking over at their support forums how would I go about designing a custom skin that when I make image changes to it, it will not interfere with the default skin. They suggested that I download the Master Image Folder to my computer. Then I rename it and upload the NEW renamed folder to the same spot where the Main Master Image Folder is. My question now is, how do I go about performing that task? Since I'm not too savvy using FileZilla and I freak out at the sight of anything out of the ordinary going on, I fear that I might make a mistake and screw up the default skin altogether. When I look on the right side of my FileZilla, I see the Master Image Folder and when I right-click it, the first choice I see is 'Download', but I'm not too sure if clicking that choice will download it onto my computer. I tried it yesterday, but then I had to "Cancel the current operation" because I saw all these files being transferred somewhere, but I wasn't sure where. Usually when I download anything to my computer, a pop up window will show asking me where I'd like to download the files, but I did not see that when I clicked the 'Download' choice. Can someone please help me understand this better? How can I download the Master Image Folder as they suggested to my computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 2012-08-15 06:23 
Site Admin

First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse
The files are being downloaded to the local directory currently displayed at the point of initiating the download action.

Did you read Using and Tutorial yet?

PostPosted: 2012-08-15 08:20 
500 Command not understood

botg wrote:
The files are being downloaded to the local directory currently displayed at the point of initiating the download action.

Did you read Using and Tutorial yet?

Hello botg and thank you for your reply. The first link I did look through, but couldn't find what I was looking for. The second link I did not notice it and I do see that it explains downloading more. Thank you for that link botg, much appreciated. :)