Error on Launch: xml file corrupt

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Sunny7L
500 Command not understood

Error on Launch: xml file corrupt

#1 Post by Sunny7L » 2004-06-26 22:46

Whenever I startup FileZilla I recieve this error:
FileZilla
Error, can't parse 'FileZilla.xml', the file may be corrupted. For this session, the registry will be used to store the settings.
I have no idea what could have corrupted the file, it's likely my own fault though, I didn't have any problems accessing the software prior to recieving the error message.

I assumed that if I uninstalled and re-downloaded the latest version my problem would be solved but the error message persists, even after a fresh install. However, I guess my settings are being saved because my sites' info is available and I can still use the software.

I can bear this persistant error message, if it won't harm my PC. I'm running XP (pro). I don't know much about the internals of computers but I know the registry is important.

Is there a xml file that I can replace the corrupted one with? I'm assuming I can get that by downloading the source but I don't want to do it if it'll only make the situation worse.

So, if anyone can please let me know either way on this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2004-06-26 23:38

Just delete the filezilla.xml. Your settings may be lost eventually, but it will fix the problem.

Sunny7L
500 Command not understood

Thanks

#3 Post by Sunny7L » 2004-06-28 02:03

Thanks, botg.

That seems to have fixed the problem and my sites' info is still listed in the site manager. I had assumed that it was a necessary file. Thanks again for replying so quickly.