Request: File size based downloading/uploading

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Lassik
500 Command not understood

Request: File size based downloading/uploading

#1 Post by Lassik » 2013-07-11 18:19

I used to use a client a very long time ago that had this feature and I can't remember which one it was. I could have sworn it was this one because i've used it for so long but I can't find the feature.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add in a feature that allows you to not only select the amount of download/upload slots but also an additional field that lets you allow additional slots to be open for files lower than a certain selected size.

For example, let's say your downloading a bunch of files of mixed sizes. You could set your standard slots to 2 but if the queue has a bunch of small files on in the KBs then you could have a separate amount of slots like 10 or something that could knock those out. I wouldn't really want 10 open slots for very large files all being downloaded at the same time but small files really don't make a huge impact.

I used to find this feature very nice when it came to uploading entire website to a server. All the small files would get knocked out pretty quick and the large files may take a little more time and have to be resumed later but at least a majority of the website was uploaded.

I understand that you could technically just sort your uploads by size but this really doesn't achieve the same goal.

Either way. It's food for thought.

Thanks for the awesome job you've done already!