3.7.4 shortcut command bug

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

seamoon
550 Permission denied
First name: seamoon
Last name: moon

3.7.4 shortcut command bug

#1 Post by seamoon » 2014-02-14 00:46

With 3.7.4, if I launch FZ via shortcut then site specific bookmarks not shown.

d:\Program Files\FileZilla\filezilla.exe -c "0/mysite"

boco
Contributor

Re: 3.7.4 shortcut command bug

#2 Post by boco » 2014-02-14 06:28

Cannot reproduce with 3.7.4.1. Where shown exactly? In Site Manager, they are there.

@botg: If started with the -c option, and GUI-configured to show the Site Manager at Startup, could you make -c override that and not show Site Manager in that case. Doesn't make a lot of sense to show SM if you are already connecting to a site through the command line.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#3 Post by botg » 2014-02-14 07:08

It was a bug in 3.7.4 fixed in 3.7.4.1
If started with the -c option, and GUI-configured to show the Site Manager at Startup, could you make -c override that and not show Site Manager in that case.
Makes sense.

Tyson
504 Command not implemented
First name: Tyson
Last name: Domer

#4 Post by Tyson » 2016-07-23 20:08

This is still a bug in 3.19.0

When FileZilla is started via command line (Windows shortcut) using the -c and --site= switches (to open a saved FTP site) *and* the setting "Show the Site Manager on startup" is selected, FileZilla correctly opens the specified FTP site but *also* opens the Site Manager.

Again, it doesn't make any sense to show the Site Manager on startup when the command line directs FileZilla to open to a specific site.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#5 Post by botg » 2016-07-23 23:16

Just disable the option to display the Site Manager on startup and adjust the shortcut to start FileZilla without a specific site to add the -s parameter.

Tyson
504 Command not implemented
First name: Tyson
Last name: Domer

#6 Post by Tyson » 2016-08-10 21:41

***Never mind***

I understand that the -s switch starts FileZilla with the Site Manager open. Thanks!

-------------------------------
Yes, I *could* (globally) disable the option to open the Site Manager on startup...but that obviously defeats the purpose of that feature.

The logic here is that I would like the Site Manager to open automatically if I am simply opening FileZilla (e.g. from the Start Menu or a simple shortcut to the app), but the Site Manager should *not* open automatically when FileZilla is directed to open to a specific site (e.g. via shortcut using command line switches.)

In other words, if I am using FileZilla's command line switches to open the app to a specific site, there is obviously no need for the Site Manager to open automatically. It doesn't make sense for the Site Manager to open automatically if I am already specifying the site I want to open on startup. However, If I am simply opening the app I would like the Site Manager to open automatically.

Maybe I misunderstood your reply?