Locking down Client settings

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

justmeyogs
500 Command not understood
First name: Yogesh
Last name: Ranchool

Locking down Client settings

#1 Post by justmeyogs » 2014-07-07 15:20

Hi There,

I have searched the board for an answer however I was unable to find one. Perhaps I am searching the wrong phrase and if so, please forgive me for this.

I am looking for a way to lockdown the client settings on a particular pc. Basically, I don't want anyone to change any of the settings that I have setup. Case in point, I had someone change all the settings for me over the weekend which basically screwed up the use of the client for other users of the computer.

I hope this is making sense and I hope there is a way to do this. If there is a way to do this using windows security it would be great too.

Thanks

Yogs

boco
Contributor

Re: Locking down Client settings

#2 Post by boco » 2014-07-07 20:59

If the users do not have Write access to FileZilla's Program Files directory, have a look at the fzdefaults.xml.example file that got installed into the ./docs subdirectory. Make a copy called fzdefaults.xml and drop it into the FileZilla directory. Open it with a good editor (basically anything that's NOT Notepad) and set Kiosk mode to 2. While that won't prevent anyone from changing settings, they won't be saved and revert as soon as FileZilla is closed and re-opened.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

justmeyogs
First name: Yogesh
Last name: Ranchool

#3 Post by justmeyogs » 2014-07-08 17:50

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try this.

JiMBo007
First name: James
Last name: Bind

#4 Post by JiMBo007 » 2020-05-01 14:10

I would like to be able to lock down client setting to stop a user setting up other connections to use as exfiltration paths

I can stop them writing to sitemanager.xml but is there a way to stop them adding a new connection and connecting without writing to sitemanager.xml for example disabling the net site and duplicate buttons?

Regards
JimBo

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#5 Post by botg » 2020-05-04 07:19

What you seek is a firewall operating in whitelisting mode.