can total transfer time be seen AFTER transfer is completed?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

cybersheep
500 Command not understood

can total transfer time be seen AFTER transfer is completed?

#1 Post by cybersheep » 2007-02-21 09:50

Hi All.

In my work, we test the speed of mobile internet (GPRS) connections, by download a file (usually 10 or 100MB) via FTP, and then calculating the throughput based on the time the DL took.

Currently we're using Filezillla as our FTP client. It is a great application, apart from one problem - when a file is transfering, the elapsed time is shown. However as soon as the file has finished transferring, the elapsed time is no longer shown.

So, this means that we need to constantly have to keep an eye on the screen to get the total transfer time.

Is there an option in FileZilla to allow some sort of transfer summery to stay on screen once a file is transfered? Ideally showing both the total transfer time, and the average throughput?

So far, I can't find any option like this in FileZilla. So unless I'm being stupid, it doesn't seem to be in there. As such, would this be a feature that could be added?

Note, before anyone suggest it - i did try and use the "message log" facility, however that doesn't include suffifient information to work out the transfer time. (and there are no time-stamps, even if i tick the "timestamp entries" option)

Cheers, Rich.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2007-02-22 20:05

I'll keep that in mind for FileZilla 3.

greg_white
500 Command not understood
First name: Greg
Last name: White

Re: can total transfer time be seen AFTER transfer is completed?

#3 Post by greg_white » 2020-02-07 18:53

Is this now available?
2/7/2020