Failed Transfers Because of Limited Slots

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

FileGamer
450 Internal Error

Failed Transfers Because of Limited Slots

#1 Post by FileGamer » 2014-10-06 04:48

So I connect to a server that gives me a max of 3 download slots. Whenever I select a folder or select a bunch of files that are more than 3, it fails to queue more than three of them and makes them failed transfers.

This is what Filezilla tells me:

Code: Select all

Response:	550 Your have reached your maximum of 3 simultaneous downloads. Transfer denied.
Error:	Critical file transfer error
Response:	550 Your have reached your maximum of 3 simultaneous downloads. Transfer denied.
Error:	Critical file transfer error
There's no error number or anything, it just gives a critical error. Why, I don't know? It's kind of annoying too because if I have a queue of 30 files to transfer in a folder, I have to right-click 10-times to resume the transfers because there's a max of 3 at a time. When I resume the transfers, they work fine. It should queue the files and not make them failed because they're not even started. I don't know why it's doing this. If you're not sure either, can you at least tell me where things like this would be in the source code so I could "attempt" to fix it myself.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Failed Transfers Because of Limited Slots

#2 Post by botg » 2014-10-06 07:34

Listing directory contents counts as transfer.

Note the reply code, it starts with a 5 meaning permanent error as per FTP specifications. On permanent errors FileZilla does not retry automatically.

Try setting a connection limit of 3 in the site manager for your server.

FileGamer
450 Internal Error

#3 Post by FileGamer » 2014-10-06 21:33

botg wrote:Listing directory contents counts as transfer.

Note the reply code, it starts with a 5 meaning permanent error as per FTP specifications. On permanent errors FileZilla does not retry automatically.

Try setting a connection limit of 3 in the site manager for your server.
For uploading though, I have more than 3 slots. I set the max number of connections to that number, and that didn't fix it. So I did what you said and set the max number to 3 and that did work. But now, any time I upload, I'm gonna have to change that value, right?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2014-10-07 06:39

Yes.

What's the reason for this highly unusual server configuration?

FileGamer
450 Internal Error

#5 Post by FileGamer » 2014-10-07 13:17

botg wrote:Yes.

What's the reason for this highly unusual server configuration?
Shared web server, not dedicated, so who knows how many people I'm sharing this server with.