botg wrote:FileZilla now automatically uses FTP over TLS if the server accepts it. Unfortunately there are a few badly configured servers out there. These servers need to be fixed.
In my case - i.e. Bluehost.com - it was a situation that I could fix. I did the following:
1. Logged into Bluehost and went to the Control Panel
2. Under Security, Click on "SSH/Shell Access"
3. Click on "Manage SSH Access". You may need to verify your identity with Bluehost at this point.
4. From the drop down, select "SSH Access Enabled" and click "Submit"
Now in FileZilla, create a new Account
1. Host is the FTP Address - e.g. ftp.somewhere.com
2. Protocol is "SFTP-SSH File Transfer Protocol"
3. User ID is your Bluehost User Id
4. Password is your Bluehost Password
5. Click "Connect" to establish a connection with Directory Listing!
This resolve the issue with 3.10 for me. And I'm glad to have the Secure Access for all of my future file transfers. It should prevent security issues in the future.