default directory for updates: let users choose where to save the file

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ptulkens
500 Command not understood
First name: Paul
Last name: Tulkens

default directory for updates: let users choose where to save the file

#1 Post by ptulkens » 2015-04-05 11:58

Hi,
Until recently, it was possible to tell where to save the update file (the xxx-setup.exe file). Now, it goes automatically in c:\Users\<user>\downloads, which is not what I wish. Is there a possibility to instruct FileZilla to download the update files in a designated directory ? Can the option of selecting the directory be re-enacted in a forthcoming version ?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: default directory for updates: let users choose where to save the file

#2 Post by botg » 2015-04-05 12:47

FileZilla uses whichever directory is designated by your operating system as the download directory.

ptulkens
500 Command not understood
First name: Paul
Last name: Tulkens

Re: default directory for updates: let users choose where to save the file

#3 Post by ptulkens » 2015-04-05 15:15

botg wrote:FileZilla uses whichever directory is designated by your operating system as the download directory.
Thank you for your fast reply.

However, I do not wish (and I do not know) how to change the download directory designated by my OS (Win7).

What I wish to be able, each time there is a software update, to direct it to the appropriate ad hoc folder (different for each software I update). This is feasible for many other downloads/updates and was feasible for FileZilla (FileZilla actually nicely remembered where I saved the previous update and was offering this folder as the first option). Can this be re-enacted ? (thus FilzeEilla no longer blindly suing the download folder designated by the OS but kindly asking the user to tell where (s)he wants to save the file).