Entering a file in address bar of browser

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

molly
500 Command not understood

Entering a file in address bar of browser

#1 Post by molly » 2007-06-07 14:52

Hello,

I have been using a program called SMART and had some problems. FileZilla was recommended.
I installed the program, read the Quick Guide to get started. I entered information and pressed Quick Connect. On the left hand side I see all the files that I have in the remote site. On the right I see the local site and all my computer files.

I only want to use the program to post some web pages I have made for friends to view. I was able to view my pages with the SMART program by clicking on a file and copying the address and pasting into my browser address bar.

I am looking for the information/help/click etc that will allow me to do this.
On the Menu Bar I found SERVER and something that said "copy URL to clipboard" I highlighted a page and copied it. Then I pasted it in the address bar. But the page comes up NOT FOUND.

I next looked to see what the address is of the page I had posted via SMART. I noticed that I am missing a bit of information. When I type that extra information into the page that didn't come up via FileZilla, the page finally comes up.

So I am asking what I have done wrong. I tried starting from scratch and putting my information in again. But the same thing happened.
What changes do I need to make/or what do I need to do to view my pages?

Help is much appreciated.

molly :D

molly
500 Command not understood

Re: Entering a file in address bar of browser

#2 Post by molly » 2007-06-08 14:10

molly wrote: Help is much appreciated.

molly :D

I have not received any help yet. :( Perhaps I have not made myself clear about my problem. What I want to do is copy the address of a page I have made and placed in the FileZilla and paste it into the address bar so I may see it and send the address to friends.

I evidently do not know how to do this. What I did was select my page from the remote site, go to the Server tab/ select -- copy url to clipboard, then paste it into a browser. But all the information to show the page was not included. My user name was not there and neither was the complete name of the page. IF I typed the needed extra info into the browser the page appeared.

I am a very newbie doing these things, but I feel sure it is not a complicated thing to explain what I am doing wrong or what I need to do to correct the problem. I am connected and am able to transfer files from my computer files on the left to the right side. I just don't know how to find the correct address to allow me to send it to friends.

If more information is needed to give me help, please ask.

Thanks.
molly