Feature Suggestion : Reduce client to systray

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

myster_fr
500 Command not understood

Feature Suggestion : Reduce client to systray

#1 Post by myster_fr » 2004-08-12 12:38

Hello everybody,

Unfortunately, i pretty bad on writing code... but I've got ideas ;-)
I remember, on my old LeechFTP there was a button to reduce the client to the systray.
This can be very usefull when downloading large files or a very long queue and wanting to free some space on the taskbar...

Would it be possible to include such functionnality in any future release of Filezilla (which is by the way the best FTP client ever !!!!).

Anyway, I can tell the there's been a very good work done on this project ! Anyone I introduced Filezilla to was pleased and adopted it instantly, for the client as well as the server !!

Cheers,

Myster_fr

JujuLand
500 Syntax error

#2 Post by JujuLand » 2004-08-12 13:45

There is a solution with a little free tool named TrayIT

Patte
450 Internal Error

Re: Feature Suggestion : Reduce client to systray

#3 Post by Patte » 2004-08-12 13:46

myster_fr wrote:Hello everybody,

Unfortunately, i pretty bad on writing code... but I've got ideas ;-)
I remember, on my old LeechFTP there was a button to reduce the client to the systray.
just have a look at the settings more closely.

myster_fr

#4 Post by myster_fr » 2004-08-13 15:04

Oups...

Mea culpa, mea culpa, magna mea culpa...
well, maybe should I open my eyes a bit more. :shock:

Sorry for disturbing the board :oops:

cor
426 Connection timed out

#5 Post by cor » 2007-10-01 12:57

I spotted this in the settings, but personally, I think it's not something that applications should be doing. There's a wealth of really good tray managers that can store settings for all your apps, and apply them automatically. AllToTray is my favourite.

The trouble is the non-standard way that some applications approach the issue. If they all behaved the same, it wouldn't be an issue, but not all software is coded as well as FileZilla. With a decent tray manager, they all behave the same, period.

Anyways, I was just searching for something when I found this, thought I'd dop in my two cents.

;o)
(or

loranger

#6 Post by loranger » 2007-11-21 10:52

I took closer look at the settings, but was not able to find such a feature...

I mean I used to reduce my filezilla 2 client in my systray, but I'm not able to do it, using filezilla 3... I think it would be a pity to use an third party software to add this ability.
Is this feature planned or am I supposed to loudly cry for days ? :wink:

kylezilla

Re: Feature Suggestion : Reduce client to systray

#7 Post by kylezilla » 2007-11-27 06:28

loranger wrote:Is this feature planned or am I supposed to loudly cry for days ? :wink:
if that's the case, i will cry loudly with you. i love filezilla and have been using it for a few years now..
the disappearance of this important feature had enough of an impact on me to register here. i hope to see it's swift return!