[solved] Could not create socket, with or without a TLS connection

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Free_Being
500 Command not understood

[solved] Could not create socket, with or without a TLS connection

#1 Post by Free_Being » 2015-09-30 07:56

Hi,

Since few recent FileZilla Client versions (now 3.14.0), with a FTP TLS connection I often randomly obtain "Could not create socket" from the server.

The Server is a FileZilla Server up to date (0.9.53) and I never had that problem before.

When I obtain the problem on a TLS connection, I can refresh with F5 key and it works, but the problem appears often and is annoying.

Notice : the error message appears after "PASV" command.

I have done tests : with the site manager when I limit number of connections to "1" (because I need that) the problem appears frequently.
If I set connection number without any limit, the problems appears time to time but still exists.

On a server without TLS, no problem if it's not FileZilla Server, but with my FileZilla Server if I disable TLS the problem stays.

Please, how can I fix that ?
Why FileZilla Client worked before with my FileZilla Server and now it don't works completely ?

Thank you for your help.

Edit : I tried a last solution and it fix it : I changed PASV range ports on the FileZilla Server and it works !
I don't why it was working before and not now with the full default range, but with "10001-12000" (example I tried) no problem.

Sorry for the disturbance.