Site manager suggestions

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

moxiefreak
500 Command not understood

Site manager suggestions

#1 Post by moxiefreak » 2004-02-29 20:50

I just stumbled upon FileZilla this afternoon and I have to say that I'm quite impressed. I have a few suggestions for you:

1. When I set up a connection profile for the first time (SFTP), I entered just my username into the profile, expecting to be prompted for my password at connect time. FileZilla apparently sends a blank password in this case, which of course will fail (unless the password is blank, I suppose). It might be friendlier to offer a "prompt me for my password" option so that one does not *have* to save a password for a particular profile.

2. Consider adding a protocol dropdown menu in front of the "address" textbox in the quick connect menu. This will make the default connection protocol more obvious. This got me when I was attempting to quickconnect to an SFTP server but failed to specify the "sftp://" protocol before the hostname. Presenting a dropdown menu of protocol options ( "sftp://", "ftp://", etc.) would be most useful.

Thank you for creating this wonderful program.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2004-02-29 23:44

To promt for a password each time you connect to that server, select the "Don't remember password" for that server in the Site Manager.

Unfortunately there's not enough space in the quickconnect bar for another dropdown button, with certain languages and display resolutions it would no longer fit into the window. However I might add a some tooltips in one of the next versions which explains how to connect to sftp servers.

cobalt2112
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by cobalt2112 » 2004-07-15 18:25

botg wrote:To promt for a password each time you connect to that server, select the "Don't remember password" for that server in the Site Manager.

Unfortunately there's not enough space in the quickconnect bar for another dropdown button, with certain languages and display resolutions it would no longer fit into the window. However I might add a some tooltips in one of the next versions which explains how to connect to sftp servers.
Hey team,

Here is another question (im using 227b), in the site manager... can it be configured so it does not REQUIRE a user ID. That is, for an FTP server, I log in as different users, but it currently requires me to create multiple entries for the same site.

So, just like "Dont save password" maybe if you leave the ID/PW blank, it will prompt you for the required info.