Showing Error!

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

singsys
500 Command not understood
First name: jordan
Last name: park

Showing Error!

#1 Post by singsys » 2015-11-04 13:09

I'm going to mad here

I have a web site - let's call it singsys.com. I am trying to upload the content to a wordpress website.

Connection to filezilla is fine - I worked that one out.

Please correct me if I'm wrong as I will be uploading a few of these sites and I need to get it right.

Once connected, on the left side is the local site. On the right side is the remote, where I entered public_html and a whole bunch of folders come up with question marks next to all of them.

In the local site I locate the folder "singsys". In that folder one is "content" folder and other one is "wordpress" folder. I want to upload both of those folders to my "blank" wordpress singsys web site, which is sitting there just saying hey. How I managed that transfer I don't know but it worked.

In the "remote" site as I said there are lots of folders with questions marks next to them. One of them says "singsys". When I click on it the panel underneath shows that the folders I wanted to transfer are there but my web site is still in its basic stage.

A really basic way of telling me what I've done wrong would be helpful. Thanks

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Showing Error!

#2 Post by botg » 2015-11-04 15:32

Connection to filezilla is fine - I worked that one out.
You're not connecting to FileZilla, you are connecting using FileZilla.

When I click on it the panel underneath shows that the folders I wanted to transfer are there but my web site is still in its basic stage.
Sounds as if you have transferred the files into the wrong directory. Contact your server administrator or server hosting provider in inquire where the server expects files and consult your worpress manual for instructions where wordpress expects the files to be.

singsys
500 Command not understood
First name: jordan
Last name: park

Re: Showing Error!

#3 Post by singsys » 2015-12-10 13:49

Thanks! that time i was wrong.