queue.sqlite3 error - is this related to hack?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

chewy
500 Command not understood

queue.sqlite3 error - is this related to hack?

#1 Post by chewy » 2016-03-26 19:12

Hi,

i get this error message:

"An error occured loading the transfer queue from "c\users\user\AppData\Roaming\FileZilla\queue.sqlite3". Some queue items might not have been restored."

whenever I try to use FileZilla.

I've upgraded, etc, and still the same error.

Somewhere a few months ago, I got hacked with the Ransomware virus attack - for the most part, I survived (without having to pay by stopping it early!) and my machine has been relatively stable since then - but i believe this problem started at about that time.

is there some relationship between this error message and a hack?

I'm avoiding using FileZilla until I know one way or another.

This site seems to think so - is this "fix" legitimate, or just another hack in disguise?

http://www.saetechnologies.com/filezill ... ing-queue/

thanks!

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: queue.sqlite3 error - is this related to hack?

#2 Post by botg » 2016-03-26 22:34

It's possible that it's related to a malware infection, but any number of other things could have also damaged the file. For example you could have powered off your computer without having performed an orderly shutdown (e.g. power loss), or a cosmic ray might have flipped a bit on your harddisk.

Usually the queue contents are of little importance and it's easy to re-queue files. You can simply delete the corrupt file.

chewy
500 Command not understood

Re: queue.sqlite3 error - is this related to hack?

#3 Post by chewy » 2016-03-27 01:47

even better.

Simple solution is best. File deleted. No more problem!!