Run time error

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

a web developer
500 Command not understood

Run time error

#1 Post by a web developer » 2007-08-29 01:11

I've read through the post below and I am having exactly the same issue with Windows XP. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I have tried install using the XML option and then the registery option after uninstalling the first time. Neither option has relieved the issue.
Hi there,

After downloading this version of FileZilla on download.com, I get an error message when I open the program. Namely, the message has a heading of "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" and it says:

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\PROGRAM FILES\FILEZILLA\FILEZILLA.EXE
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I don't know what could have caused this but I was told to try to uninstall it and then download it again, but after doing so, I still get this error message when I open FileZilla. Does anyone know what is the culprit? What should I do? I'm in a rush because I would like to quickly transfer files to my website and get it published.

I am using Windows ME but if you need further info about my system, do not hesitate to ask me. Any assistance with this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks!

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2007-08-29 10:15

Windows ME is not supported. Please update to a less ancient operating system.

a web developer
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by a web developer » 2007-08-29 12:42

I am having exactly the same issue with Windows XP.
I understand that ME is not supported. I quoted that message simply to outline the fact that my Windows XP machine was generating the same error.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2007-08-29 13:40

In that case, you could try the most recent FileZilla 3 release candidate.