How Do I Use Filezilla ????

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

MissMonaro
500 Command not understood
First name: Debbie
Last name: Creagh

How Do I Use Filezilla ????

#1 Post by MissMonaro » 2016-12-01 05:29

okay - so I'm not some tech savvy internet nerd that can fathom how to use this whiz bang things...but my email / webpage service has decided that now to upload pages to my webpage with them, instead of the easy 2 minute job it was before, I now have to download a program such as this to do it.

Well...... I cant get it to work and short of taking a hammer to my computer - I am getting incredibly frustrated.

My lovely..or not so lovely internet service (that suggested you guys, yet has NO IDEA how you work) has told me to contact you to sort it out - as they are all obviously just as stupid on these things as what I am.

Totally NOT HAPPY......is there anyone that can help an old bag log on to this thing ??

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: How Do I Use Filezilla ????

#2 Post by botg » 2016-12-01 08:19

Did you have a look at our Tutorial yet?

scootergrisen
503 Bad sequence of commands

Re: How Do I Use Filezilla ????

#3 Post by scootergrisen » 2016-12-01 12:26

First you need to know your login info.
You have to get that from the place you want to upload to.
Like username, password, server address and port.

Type the info in at the top of FileZilla and try to connect and notice the error messsages below if any.
When you are connected will you properly see the files on the right that is blank when you are not connected.
The files on the left is the files that you have on your local computer so if you right click a file on the like you can select to upload it to the server on the right.

Maybe a good idea to make a backup of the files so you dont do something by accident.