Where does filezilla write the file during downloading?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

windhair
500 Command not understood

Where does filezilla write the file during downloading?

#1 Post by windhair » 2007-10-09 17:19

I read another post about the cache or file directly, but I still can not not understand what's going on my filezilla.

During my downloading of a big file, I find the file in the destination file in zero in size, while what I see in the progress bar is like 30%. If i close Filezilla now, and start it again, it will download the file from the beginning. But some times, when the close filezilla abnormally, kill it directly, it will have some data saved on the destination file, and it can be resumed correctly.

So I'm wondering where does filezilla save the temp file during downloading, or is there some thing wrong with my computer.

PS. I'd like to have a pause function for a download job, so I can stop it , but do not remove it when I have to stop download.

Filezilla 3.01, MS Vista.

Thx

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2007-10-09 20:07

FileZilla stores the downloads in-place, it doesn't create any temporary files for them.

windhair

#3 Post by windhair » 2007-10-10 06:57

But why I lost the unfinished datas after I stop filezilla properly? But Will keep it if I just kill it from task manager?

mrpaposeco
First name: Peter
Last name: Parker

Re: Where does filezilla write the file during downloading?

#4 Post by mrpaposeco » 2021-10-15 13:04

Hi, I know this is a very old thread but I'm having the same issue.

I'm downloading a big file (150GB) to F:\. There is absolutely no space taken on F:\ drive although filezilla states download is at 32% = +-50GB.

That space is also not taken up on C:/ drive.

The destination folder on F:/ registers the existance of the file being downloaded BUT that file's size is = 0.

Where is it caching the files then?

I upgraded to filezilla from a different client (not important which) but that program incremented the file being downloaded on the destination folder. I could see it grow as the download progressed and used space on that drive would also increase as the download progressed.

Filezilla seems to act differently and I cannot find anything on the settings that I think will help.

Something about this process might be corrupting my files. I am downloading again with filezilla and if I get the same error upon file checking i will attempt the download with the old client and report behaviour.

But something definitely strange is going on.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Where does filezilla write the file during downloading?

#5 Post by botg » 2021-10-18 09:37

Some AV product perhaps delaying the actual write? With the file contents in the meantime kept in RAM/pagefile.sys