Disable full row select

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

tedych
426 Connection timed out
First name: Teo
Last name: Meo

Disable full row select

#1 Post by tedych » 2017-03-27 15:37

Now I found a 9-years old trac ticket asking to add an option to disable Full Row Select in file lists.
Today this hit me very seriously and this time I'm confident I'll switch FTP client to something better. This is just too much.
I disable full row select in EVERY possible file or ftp manager I have, and every one allows that.
I damaged a website by mistakenly moving a folder into another folder because the rows selections extend to the right of the panel, and it took me hours to troubleshoot why one of my sites stopped working just like that. Until it came to mind I *might* have done something without even knowing it in FileZilla while I was trying to create a new folder there.

Also, as others have stated, drag'n'drop is a torture if we don't want to copy an item into a folder in the list, but in the list itself. What a grief :( :( .
Nine years and no option for this usability danger! I'm sorry to sound like that, but issues like that (not just this one) are already too overwhelming (get it as "dangerous") and being a cause for not one or two problems we had with our websites to this day. And we talk about small and tiny (that can dramatically improve usability and comfort) improvements to the behavior or interface of the program.
I know this will be whisper in the desert but - please add an option to disable full row select in (Details) file lists.
I already gave up on filezilla server after encountering many issues for even domestic use, please don't do the same with FileZilla client - indeed it is one of few that can achieve above 100MB/s over the internet for me.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Disable full row select

#2 Post by botg » 2017-03-27 20:15

You can disable drag&drop via filezilla.xml