Could not find resource files for FileZilla

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

GayleM
500 Command not understood

Could not find resource files for FileZilla

#1 Post by GayleM » 2017-06-22 15:54

I am getting the following message when I try to open Filezilla.

Could not find resource files for FileZilla, closing FileZilla.
You can set the data directory of FileZilla using the '--datadir <custompath>' commandline option or by setting the FZ_DATADIR environment variable.

I've tried the fix that was posted earlier about the resource file but I don't see anything to change in the path. I'm running Windows 7 and am not an expert on computer programs by any means.

Thanks,

-Gayle

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Could not find resource files for FileZilla

#2 Post by botg » 2017-06-22 17:05

Your installation is damaged. Please reinstall FileZilla.

GayleM
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by GayleM » 2017-06-22 17:13

I'm sure I tried that before without success. This time it worked. I'm so happy. Yay!

Thanks for your help.

-Gayle

SteveMann
504 Command not implemented
First name: Stephen
Last name: Mann

#4 Post by SteveMann » 2018-09-08 22:05

FYI
I was really pissed that an update from Filezilla broke it. (Could not find resource files).
[*]First Update always closed Filezilla for me - the 3.36.0 update did not. And when I tried to use the existing installed version of Filezilla, I got the error of this topic.
Looking through the forum posts it looked like reinstalling FZ was the only fix. I really did not like that idea because it could mean losing all of my Site Manager items.

So, in my case, I downloaded the Filezilla install program. First from the "Quick Download", but Malwarebytes wouldn't let that run.
Next I went to "advanced downloads" and downloaded the install file from there. That one worked.

I am pleased to report that my Filezilla is again working and I did not lose any og my Site Manager entries.

If someone from FZ reads this, Please remove whatever malware that is is in your "quick download" install file that Malwarebytes doesn't just warn me of a possible problem, it literally stops the installation.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#5 Post by botg » 2018-09-09 08:59

There is no malware in the offer-enabled installer.