Help with Transferring Files

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

JCsBargainHaven
500 Command not understood
First name: Tiffany
Last name: Boyum

Help with Transferring Files

#1 Post by JCsBargainHaven » 2017-09-02 04:22

I am in the middle of uploading literally thousands of image files to our remote server for our website. I am using Filezilla ftp for transferring these image files. According to Siteground, we are limited to only uploading 2,000 files at a time. This has become an extremely time consuming process.

I have googled and searched YouTube for any tutorials. There has been a couple of articles that talk about archiving the files (zipping them), upload via ftp to remote server and then unzipping the file.

I have tried various ways but have been unsuccessful. Is there something I am missing?

I can compress/zip multiple image files and then upload that zipped file via ftp to the remote server, but then I cannot figure out how to unzip in Filezilla.

Is there any tips, tricks that you are aware that could help speed up this process?

I have one folder of images that contains 130,935 images alone. Uploading only 2,000 at a time would be very time consuming.

Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated. :D

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Help with Transferring Files

#2 Post by botg » 2017-09-02 08:41

FTP does not provide any means to unzip files.
According to Siteground, we are limited to only uploading 2,000 files at a time.
What is the reason behind this insane, artificial limitation?