Share FileZilla client with third party

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

jorus
500 Command not understood
First name: Jo
Last name: Ris

Share FileZilla client with third party

#1 Post by jorus » 2017-10-31 10:10

I have launched my site from the FileZilla Client. Now I wan't someone else to access my FileZilla client from his own computer so he can add/upload his own files on my FileZilla Client/straight to my webserver. How can I best set this up where me and someone else can both add files to the webserver from one place? I cannot just share my FileZilla account with someone, can I?

jorus

multiple webmasters

#2 Post by jorus » 2017-10-31 11:05

Is it possible that two individuals with seperated FileZilla Clients/computers etc. can access and add files to the same webserver? Using there own FileZilla Client? (by inserting the same values for "host, username, code, port" but without the use of exporting etc.)

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Share FileZilla client with third party

#3 Post by botg » 2017-10-31 11:30

There's no such thing as a FileZilla account. FileZilla is merely the tool you are using.

While you can share the login credentials to your server, make sure doing so is not violating your server hosting provider's terms of service.

jorus

#4 Post by jorus » 2017-11-01 11:35

So I guess it's possible to share a server (website) with different users using different 'computers'.

I have checked with my hosting provider and it's ok. Otherwise my developer couldn't access my server or work on my website. I wonder how other developer freelancers otherwise can access the server of their clients? If there is another way to share the server access I could take that in consideration.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#5 Post by botg » 2017-11-01 18:08

Often separate accounts are used. Main benefit is if something goes wrong, it can be identified who caused the problem.

boco
Contributor

#6 Post by boco » 2017-11-02 01:08

Shared server access credentials are not bound to a specific client. The other guy can use whatever FTP client he/she prefers. One thing: Always use FTP over TLS, if available!
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org