New Tab For New Connection Bug

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

CCarter
503 Bad sequence of commands

New Tab For New Connection Bug

#1 Post by CCarter » 2018-02-22 18:42

I've been getting this bug for about 6 months now, but it's hard to pinpoint and replicate.

My setup:

Filezilla 3.30.0
Mac OS X 10.12.6

The bug occurs when I have several SFTP connections open, then I go to open a NEW SFTP connection with Site Manager. When I click on the new connection about 5-10% of the times the new connection disconnects the very first already open SFTP connection tab and uses that as the new connection. But at the same time at the very end of the Tab row a new tab is created but states "Not Connected".

So essentially what is happening is I'm trying to open a new connection, but the connection is not opening up in the tab that it created and therefore suppose to open up, but taking over an already existing connection - always the very first tab that already has a live FTP connection.

To illustrate a bit:

Let's say I've got Site_A in Tab #1, Site_B in Tab #2, and Site_C in Tab #3 - all open with SFTP connections.

I then go to open Site_Z with Site Manager - doubling click to open a new connect. FileZilla then opens Tab #4 but then takes over Tab #1 with the new Site_Z connection (disconnecting the Site_A connection obviously).

So I'm left with Site_Z in Tab #1, Site_B in #2, Site_C in Tab #3, and then Tab #4 is blank with "Not connected" as the label and no FTP connection.

So at this point I then have to re-open Site_A - which opens up fine in a new Tab - #5. The problem occurs about 5-10% of the time. I'm not sure if this is just an SFTP bug since I only connect with SFTP, so it could be happening with FTP as well.

It's been happening about 6 months I would say, hard to say to be honest - maybe less or more, but it definitely started when a new major update occurred with FileZilla - cause I remember specifically thinking I should report this - but alas did not.

- CC
"And every time when I hear somebody criticizing me, I will be glad and say, 'My idea is on the road'." -Li Zongwu

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: New Tab For New Connection Bug

#2 Post by botg » 2018-02-23 21:06

That's a weird one. First time I hear about such issue as well.

CCarter

#3 Post by CCarter » 2020-05-13 19:19

Here is a video of this happening. It's been happening for A LONG TIME, but it got to me today so I created a video.

In this you'll see I've got 3 tabs open.

I upload a folder to the server.

Afterwards I go to open a new connection, and it opens a new tab - HOWEVER, it replaces the first tab's connection instead of opening up the new connection in the last tab.

The last tab stays labelled "Not connected", and here I am. This happens about 1 in 12 times when opening new connection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYZIUsJQ34

^^ You can set to HD to see more detailed. 22 seconds long. (I'll delete the video later on once I confirm you've seen it)

--

My setup:

Mac OS X 10.15.3 (Catalina - latest)
Filezilla: 3.46.3

Just note this problem was happening since 2018 on OSX 10.12.6.
"And every time when I hear somebody criticizing me, I will be glad and say, 'My idea is on the road'." -Li Zongwu

CCarter

#4 Post by CCarter » 2020-05-16 15:52

I fixed the video permission you should be able to see it without a YouTube account now.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYZIUsJQ34

CCarter

#5 Post by CCarter » 2020-05-22 17:07

@botg - I apologize for the bump but I wanted to make sure you can see the video. I fixed the permissions.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#6 Post by botg » 2020-05-25 13:49

I have watched the video, but my attempts to reproduce the issue under macOS have been unsuccessful.

Are you using a regular mouse or some sort of trackpad?

CCarter

#7 Post by CCarter » 2020-05-27 02:53

I'm using Apple's Magic Mouse 2. I'm on a Macbook but don't use the trackpad, and there is nothing laying on the keyboard or over the trackpad area that would cause some disturbance.

I remember when it started when one of the upgrades some years ago. What's crazy is why would the new connection open up a separate last tab but overtake the current first tab?

That's what makes it a bit odd. Leaning towards some device input problem doesn't seem to explain the switch of the tabs.

CCarter

#8 Post by CCarter » 2022-02-12 19:10

Alright so I'm on a brand new MacBook Pro, completely new equipment, even new mouse and this bug is still happening.

I'm on MacOS Monterery (12.1), latest FileZilla 3.57.0.

When I double click to create a new connection from Site Manager about 10% of the time it take over the first tab and overwrites that connection.