Filezilla ignores Site Manager "Logon Type" Setting

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

willwoodlief
500 Command not understood
First name: Will
Last name: Woodlief

Re: Filezilla ignores Site Manager "Logon Type" Setting

#16 Post by willwoodlief » 2019-02-13 20:31

I have been using filezilla on ubuntu mint desktop for years and years. Recently I updated , jumping past a lot of the earlier versions, and I came on this very issue

I used to be able to set ssh arguments in filezilla, now I cannot. Because of this limitation, and because my filezilla is installed as a flatpak, I cannot use my ssh settings to stop using all keys available . There are many (millions) of websites out there that do passwords only. This means, on my machine, i cannot use filezilla to access them

Every other single program I use on my machine lets me pass in ssh args. Filezilla not only used to, they removed the ability. This has nothing to do with following any rules or guidelines. But perhaps I am wrong. Does anyone have the discussion where this ability was decided to be removed ? It makes no sense to me that it was

I understand, that for most people on linux desktops, they can bypass this by setting their ssh config to have rules to not use keys for certain websites. There may be a way to change the ssh config settings for my flatpak install. I do not know yet But for right now , with the removal of this ability, it totally means I have to download a new ftp client

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#17 Post by botg » 2019-02-14 08:13

I used to be able to set ssh arguments in filezilla, now I cannot. Because of this limitation, and because my filezilla is installed as a flatpak, I cannot use my ssh settings to stop using all keys available .
There must be something else going on as this functionality has not been changed in recent years.

asandage
First name: Anji
Last name: Sandage

#18 Post by asandage » 2019-03-13 18:40

I am having the same issue - If there is not a solution then I will also have to use another FTP client since I need to access this to update my clients' websites. I would prefer to keep filezilla since I already have all of my accounts set up in the site manager. Right now I can get it to work if I remove my private key (which is only used on one site out of all the sites that I maintain) and then I have to reload the key file every time that I need to access this one client site. It is doable, but a really annoying extra step that I didn't have to do before. Any solution for this would be much appreciated! :)

NYP4N
First name: Patrick
Last name: Nyberg

#19 Post by NYP4N » 2019-09-10 11:38

Setting logon type to interactive works, but then you have to input the password each time.

robin217
First name: Robin
Last name: A. Meade

#20 Post by robin217 » 2021-10-12 19:33

On 2019-02-13 willwoodlief wrote:
> I understand, that for most people on linux desktops, they can bypass this by setting their ssh config to have rules to not use keys for certain websites.

That's not the case. As Amandaville explained in the first post of this thread:

> I have created a config file in my .ssh directory and added the lines "host (domainname)" & "PubkeyAuthentication=no". This resolved the identical error I was receiving when trying to log in to these sites with SFTP in a terminal but it appears as though Filezilla ignores the preferences in the .ssh/config file

I hope that a future release of Filezilla will either honor the "PubkeyAuthentication=no" preference set in "~/.ssh/config" or provide its own way to indicate such a preference.