Transaction log

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

BrianL
504 Command not implemented
First name: Brian
Last name: Luff

Transaction log

#1 Post by BrianL » 2018-08-15 09:05

This is such a simple question I can't believe I can't find an answer in the FAQs or by searching.

I use FZ for one purpose only, and that's to make a local backup of a website hosted at Namesco. It involves downloading a few thousand files, and that's it. During the download, the status of of each transaction flies through a scrolling window, far too fast to read anything (unless there's something wrong with me) but I do occasionally see the odd message in red about some sort of failure. I'd really like to look back through that transaction listing, but when the download is complete, it's only possible to scroll so far back.

So, my question... how do you review the whole of that log? If you can't read it while it's in progress and you can't read it when it's done, then there seems no point to it. That can't be right, so I must simply be missing something obvious.

boco
Contributor

Re: Transaction log

#2 Post by boco » 2018-08-15 11:05

Enable logging to file in the settings, with sufficient file size.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

BrianL

#3 Post by BrianL » 2018-08-15 12:33

Just as simple as I hoped! Many thanks boco, for taking the trouble to point me in the right direction.

flagpole
425 Can't open data connection
First name: nigel
Last name: coldwell

#4 Post by flagpole » 2018-08-15 13:12

Does namesco not have a more robust backup procedure?

BrianL

#5 Post by BrianL » 2018-08-15 16:14

Maybe they do, but if so then they don't signpost it very well.

From the control panel you're supposed to be able to go to Softaculous and do it that way.
"Go to Scripts & 1-click installs on the control panel for the domain.
Then select the Softaculous 'Click here'
Top right… All installations icon
Then click the backup icon for each installation to be backed up"
Sadly, there isn't a backup icon.

If you search their knowledge base for 'backup' you get a number of entries, all of which are Plesk-related. I've never heard of Plesk, and Namesco has never sent me anything about it. Having researched it a bit I thought I would give it a try. Following the instructions for connecting, all I got was ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

FZ is working, and I do at least have the backup locally. I must admit though... having an automatic backup would be very good, particularly if it was incremental.

flagpole
425 Can't open data connection
First name: nigel
Last name: coldwell

#6 Post by flagpole » 2018-08-15 18:40

BrianL wrote:
2018-08-15 16:14
Maybe they do, but if so then they don't signpost it very well.

From the control panel you're supposed to be able to go to Softaculous and do it that way.
"Go to Scripts & 1-click installs on the control panel for the domain.
Then select the Softaculous 'Click here'
Top right… All installations icon
Then click the backup icon for each installation to be backed up"
Sadly, there isn't a backup icon.

If you search their knowledge base for 'backup' you get a number of entries, all of which are Plesk-related. I've never heard of Plesk, and Namesco has never sent me anything about it. Having researched it a bit I thought I would give it a try. Following the instructions for connecting, all I got was ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

FZ is working, and I do at least have the backup locally. I must admit though... having an automatic backup would be very good, particularly if it was incremental.
That would be nice. :D