Blocking Automatic Update Notifications and Downloads

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Muad`Dib
500 Command not understood

Blocking Automatic Update Notifications and Downloads

#1 Post by Muad`Dib » 2018-11-23 19:54

Tim,

You locked the thread that I previously posted on (viewtopic.php?f=2&p=166461#p166461). But since you didn't answer the question I posted there, I'm reposting it here. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just want to know the answer to my question.

If I have my update setting set to "Never", how can I stop any notifications and downloads of the latest version?

To me "Never" means that until I manually check for an update, I shouldn't have the program tell me about them (and definitely not download them "for" me). I can (begrudgingly) accept the menu bar notification, but the sponsored pop-up and automatic downloads screw up macro scripts that I have created when running FileZilla.

Thanks,
M`D

Note that while I am a new poster on this forum, I am a long-time user of FileZilla (well more than a decade) and long-time (though infrequent) poster on SourceForge.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Blocking Automatic Update Notifications and Downloads

#2 Post by botg » 2018-11-24 00:26

You need to update to the most recent version, outdated versions receive no support.