FTP Images seem to be Over-writing

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Valentiaman
500 Command not understood
First name: Stephen
Last name: Power

FTP Images seem to be Over-writing

#1 Post by Valentiaman » 2018-12-10 14:26

Hello, I'm new to the forum and not too familiar with FTP clients, so please bear with me.

I'm a professional photographer, and I've been using Filezilla to upload photographs to the internet, for sharing via URL links and for uploading online galleries, via Lightroom, very successfully for several years.

However, in the last few days, a photo library I use has asked me to FTP news images, rather than send them via their web upload page. I tried it today, via Filezilla, with 3 images. Using the host/username/port/password supplied, the correct sub directory open in Filezilla, and I navigated to the images and right-clicked with +Ctr to select all 3 and upload them.

The problem is that after the first image uploaded and appeared in the sub-directory window (on the right of Filezilla), the next 2 images uploaded but did not appear under the first. They seem to have over-written each other, so that only one image is showing, namely the last one to be uploaded.

Can anyone offer any advice on what is happening? Thanks for any suggestions.

boco
Contributor

Re: FTP Images seem to be Over-writing

#2 Post by boco » 2018-12-10 16:38

The only way this could possibly happen is if the images all have the same file name (either from the start, or because of something the server does, like filename character truncation).

If the files have unique names they should upload fine and not overwrite each other. What is the name of the remaining target file, after upload?
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org