Directory listing filter doesn't filter directory

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

parky
500 Command not understood
First name: David
Last name: Parkinson

Directory listing filter doesn't filter directory

#1 Post by parky » 2018-12-31 16:19

Hopefully someone can point out where I'm going wrong... (I am using Filezilla 3.39.0 64-bit)

In my directory tree I have a number of directories named 'master' which hold original large jpgs from which the web-based ones are derived. I don't want these uploaded to the server. I have tried using View -> Directory listing filters but to no avail.

In filezilla I'm sitting in a subdirectory that contains a load of jpg files and a subdirectory named 'master'.
I create a new filter: 'Filter applies to Directories' box is ticked, Filter conditions are "Filter out items matching all of the following - path contains master.
Click 'OK and then 'apply'.
Nothing happens
Revisit the filter and tick the box 'files', change the filter to be 'Filename contains jpg' then all the files vanish.
I've tried variants on the directory filter without any success - the subdirectory 'master' stubbornly remains on view.

What have I misunderstood/got wrong?

parky
500 Command not understood
First name: David
Last name: Parkinson

Re: Directory listing filter doesn't filter directory

#2 Post by parky » 2018-12-31 18:05

Well having a further look at it I found the filter setting of:

filename is equal to master

worked. It doesn't explain why the more intuitive(?) one of 'path contains master' doesn't.