SSH_AUTH_SOCK on Mac OS X Mojave?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

KiloSierraCharlie
500 Command not understood

SSH_AUTH_SOCK on Mac OS X Mojave?

#1 Post by KiloSierraCharlie » 2019-01-20 12:07

Hello All,

Firstly, apologies if this is an easy fix which I've not been able to find -> I'm new to OS X so haven't really been able to work my head around how it.

I'm trying to use a OpenPGP smartcard for authentication through GnuPG. I've managed to get the terminal SSH commands to work by setting environment variables within .bashrc (which I've source-d from .bash_profile). However, when I attempt in FileZilla to connect, the client refuses to accept the new gpg-agent as an SSH auth daemon.

When I set the logging to debug, it shows that the auth handler has 0 keys available, which leads me to believe that FileZilla isn't picking up the environment variables from .bashrc.

This is how I'm setting the variables at current, through .bashrc. How can I make FileZilla work with these?

Thanks!

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: SSH_AUTH_SOCK on Mac OS X Mojave?

#2 Post by botg » 2019-01-21 08:24

.bashrc only applies to Bash shells. If starting FileZilla directly from e.g. Finder or the Dock, no Bash shell is involved.

I do not know how to setup system-wide environment variables on macOS, try using an internet search engine.