Can't open data connection

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

saintache
500 Command not understood
First name: Patrick
Last name: Tarbé

Can't open data connection

#1 Post by saintache » 2019-01-23 16:57

Hi,
I'm quite new on Filezilla and I try to make it working on my local network

My Filezilla Client (V 3.39.0) is on a Windows 10 PC

With the connection assistant it seems to be working (it ends with Reponse 150 opening data collection) but perhaps it is the same issue that I encounter after

The only strange thing is that I'm obliged to give the external ip server address (even if it is on the local network 192.168.0.1 which don't work)

Now if I try to connect via Filezilla it says connected but after that : " 425 Can't open data connection"

On the Filezilla server (on Window xp pc) , I've specified the attributes Read for the folder that I want to see

What else can I do ?
Best regards
Patrick

boco
Contributor

Re: Can't open data connection

#2 Post by boco » 2019-01-24 01:41

With the connection assistant it seems to be working (it ends with Reponse 150 opening data collection) but perhaps it is the same issue that I encounter after
If it ends with that line and not quoting success then that's a FAIL (connection hang).
The only strange thing is that I'm obliged to give the external ip server address (even if it is on the local network 192.168.0.1 which don't work)
It must work with the LAN IP when connecting from inside the NAT, that one is more basic as the public IP, it requires only firewall connection on the server machine.

Please note that your support ends here for the following reasons:

1. We don't support Windows XP anymore.
2. No supported version of FileZilla Server (only the latest 0.60.2) will run on XP and other NT5-based OS.
3. Connecting XP to the Internet is dangerous. Exposing it as a server is downright idiotic. Sorry for the harsh words.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org